Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Something barely rare on the menu, please

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, June 04, 2015, 07:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

(CBC) Firefighters called to a suspected fire in a Vancouver restaurant overnight were shocked to discover what they believe is a black bear paw in a fridge on the premises.

The call was made to the 5 Tastes Chinese Bistro in UBC village this morning.

"When first responders responded to the fire, on their inspection of the premises they discovered what they believe to be a bear paw or parts there of a bear in the premises," conservation officer Todd Hunter told CBC News.

The discovery has prompted an investigation by the Conservation Officer Service and the RCMP to determine the legal status of the animal parts.

(I thought the chicken balls were a bit off)
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Who eats bear paws? Maybe they were going to make a necklace out of the claws.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

Years ago, at a Chinese restaurant with friends, I said to the waitress, "My friend to my right wants chow mein, my friend to my left wants lo mein, but I'd like sam yang mein. Heehee. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Renee

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Years ago, at a Chinese restaurant with friends, I said to the waitress, "My friend to my right wants chow mein, my friend to my left wants lo mein, but I'd like sam yang mein. Heehee. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao

Did you get a side order of cream of sum yung guy to go with that? ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"(CBC) Firefighters called to a suspected fire in a Vancouver restaurant overnight were shocked to discover what they believe is a black bear paw in a fridge on the premises.

The call was made to the 5 Tastes Chinese Bistro in UBC village this morning.

"When first responders responded to the fire, on their inspection of the premises they discovered what they believe to be a bear paw or parts there of a bear in the premises," conservation officer Todd Hunter told CBC News.

The discovery has prompted an investigation by the Conservation Officer Service and the RCMP to determine the legal status of the animal parts.

(I thought the chicken balls were a bit off)

I wonder what they did with the gall bladder?

ac_umm

Annie

At first I thought it read they found bear paw prints in the fridge, like a bear had broken in and tested some food.  But now that I realize it's worse, yuck! Stupid poachers killing off bears for "herbal" bullshit  acc_angry  REALLY pisses me off.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Tragically, demand for bear parts including gallbladders, bile, hides, and paws has fueled an international bear trade industry. In Asia, bear parts are coveted for use in traditional medicine and hailed as a cure-all for a variety of ailments from sexual impotency to treating fevers. For example, some believe consuming bear paws will increase strength while gallbladders will enhance virility. In China, nearly 10,000 bears are kept in farms where they are routinely drained of their bile through devices implanted in the animals. Bear paws are considered a delicacy in soup. Some bear paws even end up as ash trays.

There is alarming evidence the trade in bear parts is impacting bears around the world. Each of Asia's five bear species the sun bear, sloth-bear, brown bear, Asiatic black bear, and the giant panda has suffered from the Chinese medicinal trade, as well as from habitat destruction. Bears in North America and Russia are increasingly killed, many illegally, to supply a booming international trade. An estimated 80,000 black bears are killed in the U.S. every year to meet demands in bear parts for the Asia markets. In the U.S., there are no federal restrictions on selling bear parts. Each state has its own laws regulating the trade. Thirty-four states prohibit trade in bear gallbladders while six Maine, New York, Vermont, Kansas, Wyoming, and Idaho allow the sale of gallbladders.

The bear parts trade is big business. Undercover investigations have revealed that a dried bear gallbladder can be worth as much as $30,000 and a single serving of bear paw soup can go for as much as $1,400. World-wide trafficking of bear parts is valued at $2 billion.

Over the past century, healthy populations of other wildlife such as Siberian tiger, the African elephant, Great white shark, and the Dodo bird have all plummeted when their parts, hide, and plumage became highly prized. If left unchecked, an expanding bear trade will undoubtedly hit bear populations hard, increasing the risk of extirpation of populations and even extinction of some bear species.

http://www.bigwildlife.org/images/207082.jpg">

cc

Thanks for that Fash!!  There are so many items from so many animals .... most killed only for a few parts because some chumps believe they have special medicinal powers ..... or will make a weak guy into a raging stud

bob - I find chicken balls not filling. I always ask specifically for rooster balls.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Thanks for that Fash!!  There are so many items from so many animals .... most killed only for a few parts because some chumps believe they have special medicinal powers ..... or will make a weak guy into a raging stud

bob - I find chicken balls not filling. I always ask specifically for rooster balls.

ac_blush

Annie

Mmmm rooster balls....I'll have a bowl of that! lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Odinson

Quote from: "cc la femme"Thanks for that Fash!!  There are so many items from so many animals .... most killed only for a few parts because some chumps believe they have special medicinal powers ..... or will make a weak guy into a raging stud

By chumps you mean the asians..

Odinson

I´m already a big, hairy raging stud and I´m pretty soon gonna have to start fucking bear females.

Annie

Quote from: "Odinson"

By chumps you mean the asians..

No, she meant anyone, like you   ac_biggrin

Odinson